The position is placed in the EU-funded, international and interdisciplinary project EQUAL-LIFE (Early environmental quality and life-course mental health effects) at the interface between public health, epidemiology, statistics, data science, social sciences and psychology. The project will develop and test analysis strategies for complex exposure patterns and their impact on children’s mental health and development. A combination of birth-cohort data, cross sectional data with new sources of data will be used to assess environmental physical and social exposures. Partners from 11 different European countries will cooperate in the project. You will be working with a dynamic and supportive team of interdisciplinary researchers.
To develop and apply machine learning and other statistical methods to model the relation between exposome and mental health in children including moderation and mediating effects.
Under supervision of the promotor and a daily supervisor you will help implementing the work package “Integrative Data Analysis and Modeling” within the project. Your tasks will be:
- Machine learning on and statistical analysis of epidemiological data
- Development of methods and statistical codes
- Health equity impact analysis of selected policies
- Writing scientific publications
- Collaboration in an interdisciplinary and European team with a collegial working atmosphere
- Innovative research topics at the interfaces between social and environmental epidemiology as well as public health and urban planning
- Possibility for further scientific qualification
- Integration in national and international networks
- Excellent master thesis in data analysis and modelling, artificial intelligence, applied statistics, econometrics or a related field;
- Knowledge of SAS or R is a pre;
- Interest in the field of Environmental Epidemiology;
- Proven methodological skills in advanced statistical data analysis procedures
- Good social skills, team spirit;
- Good command of English;
- Interest in interdisciplinary collaboration and new research approaches in the field of environmental exposures, social inequalities and environmental health.
The salary corresponds to the OIO salary scale according to the working conditions.
You will be employed on the basis of a 36-hour week. The appointment is temporary for the duration of 4 years. Your salary (per 1-1-2020): € 2.605,10 gross per month (based on 36 hours a week) in the first year, ascending to € 2.937,51 gross per month in the fourth year.
- Dienstverband Tijdelijke aanstelling voor de duur van project / traject / werkzaamheden
- Contractduur 1 year, after satisfactory evaluation of the initial appointment, it can be extended to a total of 4 years
- Minimaal aantal uren per week 36
- Maximaal aantal uren per week 36
Please send your digital application and assign your motivation letter to Birgit Loos, Head of the department.
Meer over jouw toekomstige afdeling
The Center for Sustainability, Environment and Health (DMG) aims to make society more sustainable, so that our living environment can be used wisely, now and in the future. To this end, we use our knowledge and understanding of the influence of the quality of the living environment on people (health and well-being) and on ecosystems.
the Dutch National Institute for Public Health and the Environment (RIVM)
The Dutch National Institute for Public Health and the Environment (RIVM) protects and promotes public health and consumer safety, and we help to protect the quality of the environment. We’ve done so for more than a hundred years and RIVM has become a knowledge institute that is at the heart of society. RIVM carries out independent research and provides the government with trusted policy advice regarding health and the environment. We deal with issues concerning infectious diseases, vaccinations, population studies, lifestyle, nutrition, drugs, the environment, sustainability and safety. We do this through research, advice, direction or implementation. RIVM annually produces and publishes numerous reports. RIVM has a total of approximately 1.800 staff.
the Dutch National Institute for Public Health and the Environment (RIVM) nodigt je uit op hun site te solliciteren. Via onderstaande knop verlaat je deze site ga je direct naar het sollicitatieformulier. Het Rijk hecht waarde aan een diverse en inclusieve organisatie. Werken in divers samengestelde teams maakt ons effectiever, innovatiever en het werk leuker. Eenieder wordt daarom uitgenodigd te solliciteren.